This manual has been created as pre-reading to prepare students for practical training in 3D-SAT™
This hard copy publication was created by Andrea Darby in consultation with a registered health practitioner and based upon experienced gained from thousands of procedures in consultation with breast surgeons.
The manual is intended as preparatory theory prior to undergoing practical training however many trained technicians have found that our workbook has rounded out their knowledge and filled the gap in theory that was missing from their practical training.
NB. A single copy of the 3D-SAT™ Manual is provided free of charge to our customers who undergo 3D-SAT™ training with us.
Details about this publication
Original Publication Date: 10/03/2011
Most Recent Revision: 01/11/2018
Publication Type: Thermal bound hard copy with clear protective front
Time spent on preparatory research: 360 hours
Topic – Nipple Areola Complex Restoration Utilizing Advanced Principles for 3D Simulative Areola Tattooing (3D-SAT) - a CT-AIVEP Publication
Author: A Comprehensive Workbook Presented by: Andrea Darby Consultant Cosmetic & Medical Tattooist
Introduction: The manual should assist you with understanding;
• Basic anatomy of the breast and the Nipple Areola Complex.
• Understanding the major types of breast surgery.
• Precautions, preclusions and when medical advice is indicated.
• Equipment required.
• Main principles for performing 3D-SAT.
1. Front Cover
2. Introduction & Copyright
3. About the Author
5. Anatomy of the Nipple Areola Complex
6. Aesthetics of the Nipple Areola Complex
7. Reconstructive Surgery
Main types of Breast Reconstruction
1. Reconstruction with an implant
2. Autologous Reconstruction
8. 3. Autologous with Implant Reconstruction
Nipple / Areola Complex Reconstruction / Restoration
Types Nipple/Areola Reconstruction/Restoration
Nipple sharing grafts
Other types of grafts
9. Local tissue flaps
10. Mastopexy, Breast Enhancements, & Breast Reductions
11. Emotional Healing vs. Waiting Period Prior to Tattooing
The Clients Usual Disposition (SCAPP Scale)
12. Pre Treatment Advice for NAC Tattooing / 3D-SAT™
13. Alternative Options to NAC Tattooing
14. Patient Satisfaction with NAC Tattooing
Pre Treatment Screening for NAC Tattooing
15. Geometric Sizing & Positioning of the Nipple Areola Complex
16. Measuring the Breasts
Diameter of the Areola
17. Procedural Standards
Needles for NAC Tattooing
Equipment for NAC Tattooing
18. Pigments for NAC Tattooing
19. ParaMedical vs. Medical Tattooing
20. Tattooing Techniques For 3D SAT™
21. Tattoo Techniques
Initial Client Assessment
22. Commencing the Procedure
Step 1. Before Photographs
Step 2. (if a topical anaesthetic is being used)
Step 3. Choosing your colours
Step 4. Setup
Step 5. Positioning the new NAC/s
5:1 Mark the Position
23. 5:2 Select the Size
Step 6 Tattooing the new 3D Areola/Nipple Complex
24. Step 7. After Photographs & Aftercare
Example Photographs - Colour Selection
25. Example Photographs - Colour Matching to existing Areola's
26. Example Photographs - Position and Orientation
27. Matching Orientation to an Existing NAC for Unilateral 3D-SAT
28. Tattooing Techniques for Colour Matching to an Existing NAC
29. Colouring an Existing NAC
Colour Correction of Radiation Therapy Marker Tattoos
Scar Camouflage Treatments
1) Amiea Vytal
2) Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT)
30. 3) Pigment Mosaic
Basic Principles of CIT / MCA
31. Incorporating Artistic Techniques into the Areola Tattooing Service
32. Avoiding Complications
33. Example: MCA & Nipple Areola Complex Tattoo Aftercare
34. Aftercare cont.
35. Personalising the MicroPigmentation Service
36. Interpreting the SCAPP Scale
37. Client Disposition Questionnaire (SCAPP Scale)
38. Client Notes Page
39. Updates on Pigment Safety
40. Equipment & Product Recommendations
Equipment & Products to Avoid/Reject
41. Preferred Range of Equipment & Products
42. Preferred Range of Medical Tattoo Pigments
44. Students Notes Page
45. Sketch Pad 1
46. Sketch Pad 2
|AMIEA ORGANIC LINE|
|ORGANIC CAMO 10||ORGANIC CAMO 20||ORGANIC CAMO 30|
Ecru (light beige).
To mix colours lighter and to set highlights.
To mix colours darker and to set highlights.
Cool camouflage Colour.
For covering warm colours.
|Code: FXC510||Code: F-C520||Code: F-C530|
|ORGANIC CAMO 40||ORGANIC AREOLA 10||ORGANIC AREOLA 30|
Warm camouflage colour.
For covering cool colours. Also suitable as a lip lightener.
|Ivory. For camouflage and highlights and for mixing.||Medium rosé. For areola.|
|Code: F-C540||Code: F-A510||Code: FXA530|
|ORGANIC AREOLA 40||ORGANIC AREOLA 50||ORGANIC AREOLA 97|
|Neutral beige. For areola.||Medium rosé brown. For areola.||Warm light brown. For areola.|
|Code: F-A540||Code: FXA550||Code: F-A697|
|CORRECTIVE YELLOW||CORRECTIVE AMBER||CORRECTIVE MANDARIN|
For mixing and correcting purple eyebrow pigmentations.
For mixing and correcting grey to blue eyebrow pigmentations.
|Strong orange. For correcting bluish lip pigmentation.|
|Code: F-YE520||Code: FXBE510||Code: F-R504|
|CORRECTIVE KHAKI||CORRECTIVE OLIVE|
Bright muted green.
To correct red eyebrow pigmentations to light brown.
For eyeliners and to correct red eyebrow pigmentation (for dark hair).
|Code: FXKH525||Code: FXOL530|
No reviews found